Monday, March 29, 2010

Mr. Y

At one of the interview session.

Mr. Y : Why do you love advertising ?
Me : 'Cos I do love creative things.
Mr. Y : Why do you think that advertising is your passion and ur future path?
Me : Since I was in d high school, I already dreamt of working in the advertising world.
To achieve it, I knew that i need some advertising knowledge, dus I took several courses, mostly at Imago -School of Advertising-. (Voilaa, I gave a shot !)
Mr. Y : Why advertising? Why not painting or photography ? Why ?

-- Think hard ---

Me : Cos, advertising is really close to our live. You can see it, you can feel it everytime, everywhere. Like this, I see to that billboard (pointed random), and I see advertising . I drink this mineral water (Aqua), and i got the effect of advertising.
Mr. Y : Why not journalist, it's close to our live too ?

-- he ?? --

Me : Cos am not into journalism.
Mr. Y : (Seems unsatisfied with my answer) U know what, u have to know why and you just can't say u don't like, u don't know
or not into something. Esp, cos it's related to yours. Your life. Ur dislikeness & likeness.
Me : (Oooh, u're so damn rite. But...... ) .....
I already gave my answer based on what I really like & what really related to me. But U seem don't satisfied with it. (Yes, I do said that. Songong bener!)
Mr. Y : How old are you?
Me : 23 and this July will be 24th y.o.
Mr. Y : You know, I was 23 y.o. when I entered this advertising world. I've became an art director, account manager...

-- I replied quickly --


Me : A copywriter also, rite? (I did google about him)
Mr. Y : Yes, and now, I own this company. Because back then, I knew what I will become, and why I want to enter this adv world.
Me : And why? Mind to share ?
Mr. Y : Cos I like to study people. (
Yes, Indeed ! Communication study, kenapa ga kepikiran sebelumnya? Simple answer, but *Dang* he got the point) .

-------------------
Furthermore, he gave me questions that I didn't expected.
Why this ? Why that?
Things which I haven't thought that depth.
But he left me a good impression.
Great people who can rarely be found.

Thanks.
Mr. Why

Mr.
Shubho Sarkar

0 comments: